Expenses at this time for a full year were 6.50 (equal to approximately ,850 in 2014) and remained relatively unchanged for the next 50 years.
The College was founded by and initially associated with the Church of the United Brethren in Christ.
However, funding ran out, debt rose, and building halted on the gym and science buildings. The college landscape remained relatively unchanged for the next four decades, though the cultural changes paralleled that of the rest of the country as it moved through World War I, the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, and the New Deal.
World War II nearly proved to be the end of Lebanon Valley College.
Today, Lebanon Valley College is affiliated with the United Methodist Church, which happened through a series of church mergers: The Church of the United Brethren in Christ merged with the Evangelical Synod of North America in 1946 creating the Evangelical United Brethren Church (EUB), which subsequently merged with the Methodist Church in 1968 to create the United Methodist Church.
1 The ties to the Methodist Church are not as strong as they once were, which is evidenced by the lack of mandatory chapel services, but the church maintains a presence on the campus.
The Annville Academy building became known as "South Hall" or "Ladies Hall" as the North College building was now the home to the men's dormitories.
A note worth mentioning: The college charter, granted in 1867, specifically stated that Lebanon Valley College was established for the education of both sexes.
This prompted one of the first capital campaigns to help the ailing college.Enrollment steadily grew and by 1948, thanks to the G. Bill, it had reached 817 full-time students, far beyond the College's capacity.Eventually more facilities and residences were added to the College.Vickroy was elected, the building repaired and redecorated, a curriculum devised, faculty recruited, and classes begun.The college was entirely contained in that one building (class rooms, student residence, president's residence, and "dining hall") until 1868 when "North College" was opened at a cost of ,500, equal to 8,000 in 2014.