Following the American Revolution, in 1783, the area would eventually become known as the Northwest Territory and part of the United States.After the American Revolution, former soldiers from New England poured into Ohio after being granted land by the government.The county was a large producer of milk, butter, sugar, syrup, apples, and pears.In 1911, 270,000 acres (1,100 km) were owned in Union County, with 85,000 cultivated for farming.During the period it was owned by Cassil, it politically leaned Democratic. Eventually the two papers would merge and become what is known today as the Marysville Journal-Tribune.
These obituary search tools will help you locate old and new obituaries online.
In 1878 the county purchased a 10-ton safe for the treasury, that eventually was moved into courthouse. On December 4, 1875, a group met at the courthouse in Marysville to organize the Union County Pioneer society. A railroad called the New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio line was chartered in 1851 and would eventually run through Union County with station points at Richwood, Woodland, Claibourne, Pottersburg, Broadway, and Peoria.
The original members were: Eliphas Burnham, George Snodgrass, John F. Robinson, Hiram Kent, Edward Powers, George Reed, Robert Graham, Samuel Gamble, A. Woodworth, George Mitchell, Taber Randall, Joseph Dodds, William Phillips, Thomas Snodgrass, Robert Snodgrass, A. The Columbus and Bellefontaine railroad was incorporated in 1878 and had station points in the county at Marysville.
It was discovered by the French explorer La Salle, along with traders and missionaries who accompanied him.
After the French and Indian War, the Treaty of Paris of 1763 placed the area under British rule.